Here are some other shots
I wanted to take a photo with the new one next to the first one I built, The difference is quite stark.
And it’s only about a month late for Christmas (yay me :/)
again, the model is for scale and just to class up the joint a bit.
After all the intricate detail of the faces, it was just a matter of airbrushing some detail on the hat and shoulders aaaaand we’re done.
Details, details, details
The title is pretty self explanatory
This was going to be , by far, the most complicated paint job on a project like this and by the end of it, made me wonder why I chose to be so rambunctious about things. I cracked open my never used airbrush (that I bought 2 years ago) for this project and there was a bit of getting used it again involved.
The buttons were made much easier to cut out when my dad beveled the edges of a piece of pipe so I could just “punch” them out. the stars stuck on them were all cut out of bristol board with a pair of scissors , all seventy of them :/
Thanks to a friend of mine, obtained huge sheets of cardboard for free ( Yay!) and I used this as the skin for these nutcrackers. but I had to paint some of the parts first. I put a model next to the painted parts to class the place up a bit.
Then the ” skinning” began
After this, things got complicated…
It starts to take shape now, the plywood pieces get stuck together in different sections
The legs on these nut crackers differ from previous projects in that I tried to make them look more like two seperate legs rather than just one big stove pipe with feet on it. Continue reading
once I got everything notched, I had to make shapes out of all of this. so I used my fancy circle cutting jig
I found out later, that I would have been way better off cutting them out with the band saw first and then make the notches. Hindsight is twenty/twenty and all that .